Saturday, September 23, 2006

psychological eating

It's all psychological!

1 - I like to watch food network when I eat... definitely enjoy my pb&j and/or cold spaghetti w/ undercooked meatballs a lot more when I'm watching bobby flay make a red-peppered halibut with artichoke.

2. Ever since I read a short biography in the Wash. Post about a lettuce farmer who devoted his whole life to picking spinach, beet greens, romaines, & endives, I started liking salad.

3 - The only reason why I like mussels is because in middle school we read a book called Homecoming, a story about three pre-teen kids who had to fend for themselves after their mum ditches them. In one scene, when they're on the brink of starvation, they found mussels by the bay and ate them. It saved their lives. Whenever I eat mussels, I flash back to when I read that book.

4 - The only reason why I like steak is because I keep remembering that scene in the Matrix where Cypher (demn traitor...) is enjoying that steak and saying "I know that this steak is tender... juicy... and delicious..."

5 - I like potatoes because they're a root, pulled from the ground, makes ya feel earthy when you eat them :D

1 comment:

Unknown said...

interesting connotations....maybe it's time i switch from sensual eating to intuitive eating