Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Scrambled Eggs

I think I've got it figured it out. The trick to making good scrambled eggs is the quality of the eggs, temperature of the oil, and how long you leave it in the skillet. I think what makes eggs good isn't the flavor or what you add in it but the texture, which is controlled by the egg quality, the temperature, and the cooking time.

By the way, props to JJ and Rishi for their insightful comments on Overachieving... perhaps one day I'll try to write a more focused piece on this topic but for now you'll just have to settle for my scatterbrain arguments :p

2 comments:

JJ said...

Steve, you missed a very important part of making good scrambled eggs: how you beat the eggs. This step dictates how the texture of the eggs turn out and also how it interacts with any other ingredients you decide to add to it. You've got to make sure you beat the eggs in such a way as to aerate them, making them nice and fluffy when you cook them.

I would show you sometime, but like you said before, two guys cooking together is a tad homosexual.

Steven Zhou said...

Hmm interesting. I've never paid much attention to how I beat them... I just mix it til there's no resistance.